RURAL PRIORITY PACKAGE (RPP)
THE RURAL PRIORITY PACKAGE IS PROVIDED BY TASMANIA’S RURAL WORKFORCE AGENCY, HR+.
The RPP is aimed at providing financial incentives, support and assistance to GPTT Registrars signing a minimum 12 month full-time contract in a RPP location.
This is a wonderful opportunity to experience the benefits of working and living in a rural area.
Availability of grants is dependent on identified workforce shortage and subject to change at the discretion of HR+.
RPP LOCATIONS MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING TASMANIAN TOWNS:
- George Town
- St Helens
RRP FINANCIAL INCENTIVES AND SUPPORT
Term 1 and Term 2 GP Registrars
For GP registrars commencing in Term 1 or Term 2 an incentive grant of $10,000 is payable in equal instalments after completion of 6 and 12 months within the role.
An additional $10,000 incentive grant is available to registrars signing a second 12 month contract to remain at the same practice.
Term 3 GP Registrars
For registrars commencing in Term 3, an incentive grant of $10,000 is payable in equal instalments after completion of 6 and 12 months in the role.
If the registrar signs a contract for a permanent position at the same practice, commencing immediately post completion of training, they will be eligible for an additional $10,000 incentive grant.
Please note the maximum incentive grant payable via any combination is $20,000 per registrar.
Further benefits and support provided:
- A paid initial site visit (up to $2000) covering accommodation and travel expenses for you and your family.
- Assistance with finding permanent accommodation.
- Assistance with finding your partner employment.
- Assistance with integrating into the local community.
- HR+ Health Workforce Scholarships are available for training for skills and services relevant to your role which is not already offered by GPTT.
- Registrars in these locations may be eligible for payments under the Department of Health Workforce Incentive Program:
- $4,500 after two years in MM3 locations
- $12,000 after two years in MM5 locations
- $16,000 after years 1 and 2 in MM6 locations
GPTT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
In support of the RPP experience GPTT provides an exemption to the usual requirement regarding maximum 6 month contracts. Registrars who are training in an RPP location may be able to meet RACGP diversity of practice requirements without the need to move to a second practice. Please confirm with GPTT.
APPLY FOR A RPP
To apply for a RPP please contact, Fran Robinson, Janine Tabe or Cassie Scolyer at HR+ on [email protected] or phone (03) 6332 8600